2013 Recital Information
Trinity Preparatory School, 5700 Trinity Prep Lane, Winter Park, FL 32792
June 15 at 5:00 pm
Recital is one of the most exciting times for every parent, it is the day that every student of the Russian Academy of Ballet joins together on one stage for their end of the year performance. Everyone will get a chance to be center stage on their toes, performing their end of the year dance with the biggest smile and joy you’ve seen all year. This is another very special year for Russian Academy, we are celebrating our 13th Year Anniversary and looking forward for many more years to come.
Please READ ALL of the following information. This is your RECITAL BIBLE. Every detail will be explained on this paper, and if you have any questions, please e-mail or call us anytime. Highlight YOUR info that is most important to you (dates, times, deadlines)
1. COSTUMES FEES : $60 – 1 costume, $120 – 2 costumes, $170 – 3 costumes, $230 – 4 costumes, $270 – 5 cost.
All costumes have been ordered for every level and they are yours to keep after the show. Costume fees due by March 15th. If you have not yet paid the costume fee, there will be $10 late fee for each costume after April 7th.
2. REHEARSAL SCHEDULE:
The following rehearsals are mandatory. All students from both studios MUST attend.
Thursday, June 13th – Call time 4:30 pm – at Waterford Studio
5:00 – 7:00pm – DRESS REHEARSAL – Ballet 4 – 7 both studios
* All students must arrive in clean, NEW tights, nude leotard (if they have costume change) and their color leotard over the nude, perfect performance hair, and make up. Costume must be with you on a hanger. DO NOT ARRIVE IN SOCKS AND TIGHTS MUST BE FREE OF RIPS, TEARS, PULLS, RUNS, STAINS, OR BLEMISHES OF ANY KIND.
Friday, June 14th – Call time 4:30pm – at Waterford Studio
5:00 – 7:00pm – DRESS REHEARSAL – Beginner, Pre-Ballet, Ballet 1,2,3 both studios
* All students arrive in clean, NEW tights, nude leotard (if they have costume change) and their color leotard over the nude, perfect performance hair, and make up. Costume must be with you on a hanger. DO NOT ARRIVE IN SOCKS AND TIGHTS MUST BE FREE OF RIPS, TEARS, PULLS, RUNS, STAINS, OR BLEMISHES OF ANY KIND.
Saturday, June 15th – 10:00 am at Trinity Prep School – STAGE REHEARSAL – Very important!!!
DO NOT BE LATE!!!!! You must arrive in tights, nude leotards WITH your child’s levels color uniform over the nude. DO NOT WEAR JUST NUDE LEOTARDS ON STAGE. Hair must be in a perfect bun. No swag over the leotard; you can wear black ballet skirt or small, black ballet shorts that are sold at the Academy. We want to make sure our dancers look professional at all time.
*After the stage rehearsal you are welcome to go home and rest, eat, and come back for the call time.
Saturday, June 15th – 4:00 pm at Trinity Prep School – CALL TIME – All dancers check in back stage
Performance: – 5:00 pm Tickets: Assigned seats $20 – $25 (checks to RAB)
3. RECITAL PHOTOS : Recital photos are one of the best memories to have. I know all parents are secret photographers at home, and you all have an enormous amount of photos and videos of your kids. But out photos are going to be professionally shot with Ms. Katerina posing most of the girls, making sure they have perfect ballet feel, fingers and smiles in every photo. You will not be required to purchase any of the photos unless you wish to. Packages will range from $20 – $300, everything from large prints, to charm bracelets, key chains, etc. Recital Photos will be taken during the dress rehearsals at Waterford Studio. This is a fantastic way to keep memories of your little ones.
IMPORTANT: SIGN UP SHEET
There will be a sign up sheet at both studio locations. The photographer will be at the studio ready to shoot at 11:00am. We recommend you come early for pictures and come back later for rehearsal. There will be a very long line for pictures and chaos around the studio. Please, sign up as early as you can to get it out of the way. The earlier you sign up, the more time we will have to work on the poses and more time to perfect every shot.
4. RECITAL DVDs:
The DVD is one of the best ways to keep the memories of childhood recitals.
The DVDs need to be pre-ordered at the studio for $25 (checks to RAB). Sign up sheets will be available at the front desk. For the Recital we will have 2 videographers that will get a close up of your ballerinas and deliver a great quality footage. RECORDING IS NOT PERMITTED AND WILL BE TOLERATED THIS YEAR AT ALL!
5. TICKETS: All seats are assigned. As always, tickets are available at the front desk at both studios, $20 – $25 per ticket.
The theater holds 800 seats; therefore, we do recommend buying tickets in advance. After your child’s performance on the stage is over, he or she will join you in the audience after the intermission; your child’s ticket is FREE; however, you do need to have one so that the seat next to you will be reserved. DO NOT LEAVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW. We will have plenty of volunteers backstage to watch over the performers and lead them to the assigned seating area in the auditorium to stay there before the intermission. You will be able to pick your child up from Section 9 during the intermission and seat them next to you to watch the second act. Out of respect to Russian Academy please stay until the end of the production to watch the older girls perform. They are role models for our younger students, and at the end of the Recital they will be performing complex ballet variations that inspire our little ballerinas.
6. VOLUNTEERS: Every level will be required to have 2-3 volunteers per each class that will assist dancers during the the performance and take them from the dressing room to the assigned section in the theater after the dance is over. Please sign up ahead if you would like to stay with your child backstage. We also need volunteers for ushering, concession, souvenirs, flowers, and backstage chaperones. If you are signing up for volunteering, make sure you sign up with Yulia at the Bumby studio, you can call 407-896-0309 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
7. REGUIREMENTS IN THE THEATER.
NO CAMERAS OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE THEATER. No picture or video taking. NO FOOD AND DRINKS IN THE AUDITORIUM. The water is allowed backstage, as well as a DRY snack before the show. NO eating in costumes at any time. Please respect the dancers and theater requirements.
8. FLOWERS : Has always been an important tradition given to dancers after performance’s. We ask all to keep this tradition alive and do not forget to congratulate your little ballerina with a rose or a bouquet of flowers after her/his performance. Also, please do not forget to thank our wonderful ballet teachers, who worked so hard every year with your girls. Giving flowers is a way to show a great appreciation for the work they have done and to express gratitude. You may reserve your flowers ahead of time at the studio or bring your own.
9. MAKE UP AND HAIR: All parents will be required to do their children’s make up and hair.
Must have : Foundation (level 4 and up), Powder, Rosy/Pink blush, Navy blue eye shadow (levels Beginner - Ballet 3), Green eye shadow (levels 4 and up), lots of Mascara, Black or Brown eye liner, and Rosy/Pink lipstick. Lots of hair spray and mouse, hair pins, and hair net (must have). You’ll be able to find everything you need at Sally Beauty Supply. GLITTER is a must. It is the most popular part of the recital for our little ballerinas, beside costumes and make up, it is GLITTER. You can never have too much. GO GLITTER!!!!
Waterford Lakes Studio – 1525 S. Alafaya Trail #106 Orlando FL 32828
Trinity Preparatory School – 5700 Trinity Prep Lane, Winter Park, FL 32792
For any questions please e-mail email@example.com
Good luck and we will see you all at the rehearsals.